Viking Union Laptop Checkout
In need of a laptop? Come by the Information Desk on the 6th floor of the Viking Union and check out a laptop with us!
Laptops are available for checkout periods of 4 hour periods. Please be prepared to present your Western ID to the front desk attendant.
There are ten Dell Latitude 5480s on reserve at our infodesk, ready to be checked out. These laptops boast an 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM for great processing speed, an integrated 256 GB Solid State Drive, and a vibrant image on its 14-inch Display utilizing WLED backlighting technology and high resolution of 1920 x 1080.
Our most common issues concern logging in and WiFi connection. If you are having trouble logging in, restart the computer. If you are still unable to log in after three tries, the front desk will be happy to exchange it for you. If you are having trouble connecting to the WiFi, make sure you are logged into the student server. Your username is the first half of your wwu student email (ex. doejohn), and the password is the universal password for your student email as well.
Penalty Policy and Customer Responsibility
- The first late return will result in a warning and a mark by your name.
- The second time will result in a one week, no-checkout period for the student.
- The third time will result in a no-checkout period for the student for the rest of the quarter.
Prior to checkout, please read our Customer Responsibility Agreement
Other On-Campus Laptop Checkout Options
- Miller Hall (MH 34 desk)
- Wade King Rec Center
- Student Technology Center (Haggard Hall, Second Floor)
- ATUS Equipment Loan Pool (Haggard Hall 114)